Our first ever Show & Tell will be a series of 5-minute tutorials that together, paint a broad and hopefully inspiring picture of the full spectrum of technology.
Each mini tutorial will be guided by a working professional in the fields of computer programming, user-experience design, data analysis and visualization, digital strategy and outreach, or something well along those lines. Presenters will focus on sharing specific and actionable tasks, tactics, and tips.
Our goal is to spark creativity while teaching each other. Some of the topics we'll cover include:
- Data visualization, infographic and illustrations
- Component-driven website theming
- Collaborative mapping with OpenStreetMap
- 3-D modeling (BIM)
- Front and Back End Development
- Implementing mobile 1st/responsive design
- Social Media Segmentation and Analytics
We have close to 20 badass presenters teed up to give us a peak into their area of expertise. Halfway through we will take a networking break. Since we won't have time for Q&A portions, "Question Cards" will be available for whoever wants to follow up with a specific presenter. Limited wine/beer and snacks will be provided, but feel free to bring a bottle of your favorite whatever or some snacks, no pressure either way.
Attendees will learn from:
- Nancy Casanova, Information Architect and Social Strategy, Southern California Edison
- Griselda Vargas, Health Care Analytics, Anthem
- Mario Hernandez, Senior Front-End Developer at Mediacurrent and Co-Founder of Government By Design
- Lawrence Cisneros, CEO, In Spirit
- Luis Dominguez, Avionics Systems Engineer, Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)
- Omar Ureta, Design Consultant at theworksLA and Project Manager and Urban Designer at Roschen Van Cleve Architects
- Daniella Castro, P.E., Co-Founder, DNA Detailing & BIM, LLC
- Andres Ramos, Digital Strategist and Assistant Account Manager, Consensus Inc.
- Alex Chavez, Software Developer, City of Long Beach Innovation Team
- Hector Gutierrez, Nutrition Policy Advocate, California Food Policy Advocates
- J Guadalupe Chavez, NationBuilder Expert and Digital Strategist at Rainforest Action Network
- Shmel Graham, Project Lead, Mayor's Operations Innovation Team
333 S Grand Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Be the first to comment
Sign in with